Stopping Home Foreclosure

Bankruptcy Can Help You Stop Foreclosure And Resolve Underlying Debt

Foreclosure is a serious legal action. If you are behind on your mortgage payments or have already received a notice of foreclosure, you should contact a bankruptcy lawyer immediately. You can stop the foreclosure proceedings and work to resolve the default.

Hammond & Hammond, P.C., is a bankruptcy law firm you can turn to for help. You will work directly with me, Allen Hammond, an attorney with more than two decades of experience. I will help you not only stop the foreclosure, but also address the underlying debt issues so that you and your family can stay in your home.

Call my law office in Jonesboro, Georgia, at 770-603-6572 to get the process started.

Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Can Help You Keep Your Home

Filing for bankruptcy under Chapter 13 is one of the most effective ways to keep your home. It can help you consolidate all of your late mortgage payments into an affordable repayment plan. The repayment plan lasts from three to five years. Upon exit from bankruptcy, you would resume making your regular mortgage payments.

There are a few important things to note about the Chapter 13 bankruptcy process:

  • It stops foreclosure proceedings immediately, right up until the moment of a foreclosure sale. This occurs under both Chapter 13 and Chapter 7.
  • It forces the lender to accept the past-due payments based on the terms of the repayment plan.
  • You can negotiate for a mortgage loan modification with your lender while in bankruptcy, which I will do on your behalf.
  • It can help you resolve unpaid homeowners association dues.
  • You can strip a second mortgage lien on your home. This can be done through both Chapter 7 and Chapter 13.

Stop Foreclosure Today. Contact My Law Firm.

I offer free initial consultations, which means that you can get tailored advice directly from an experienced lawyer without adding any additional financial burden to your plate. You can reach me at my law office by calling 770-603-6572 or sending us your information online. We also welcome you to just stop by.

We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.